Content Planning workshop led by Junction Creative Solutions. (Epicentr Academy 2014)
Epicentr Academy is a student-run summer social media program designed to introduce students and young professionals in the fundamentals of digital media. Through this 10-week program, we strive to prepare them with the right tools for real-life situations, by inviting industry professionals to come in to speak and mentor the students. The aim of Epicentr Academy is to bridge the gap between what’s taught in schools and the skills needed in the real-world workplace.
From June to August, you’ll participate in 10 workshops, held weekly on Thursday evenings in Downtown, Vancouver, designed to build on your knowledge and passion for social media. We’ll provide opportunities for you to practice developing social media strategies and campaigns, review case studies, and learn about metrics and analytics.
As a budding professional in the Communications or Marketing sector, this is your opportunity to apply your learning and build real projects to hone your skills, build your portfolio, and gain competitive advantage.
Read more about last year’s Epicentr Academy and what people are saying on our blog >>
Orientation: June 11
Workshop start date: Thursday, June 18
Every Thursday evening from 5 to 7:30pm
Workshop end date: Thursday, August 13
Final presentations: Saturday, August 22
- It’s Totally Not About Social Media, Except That It Is – Rush Vancouver Campaign Case Study.
- Social Media Strategy in 12 Steps – AKA How To Get Whatever You Want.
- Post Once Measure Twice – An Introduction To Goal Setting and Analytics.
- Become a Visual Communication Warrior.
- 13 Heartwarming Lessons We’ve Learned From Going Viral.
- Building Content For Social Media For Human Consumption
- Surprise! Delighting Your Fans Offline to Win Their Hearts Online
Not an arm and a leg. We want to make sure the program is student-budget friendly.
The total cost of the program is $85 which includes:
- 13+ speakers and coaches.
- 10 workshops.
- 2 agency tours.
- Food and refreshments.